Post Feedback | Printer-Friendly | Send Article to a Friend |
March 19, 2008 - by CityGuide News
Delicious Thai food to die for at extremely reasonable price...
New York, NY- March 19th, 2008
Now Showing At The Independent Film Center: 'LOVE SONGS, An Exhilerating New French Film!
"Exhilarating... a movie musical that blossoms from the inside out." - David Edelstein, New York Magazine
One of the most promising directorial talents in France, Christophe Honore again defies expectations with this bold, affecting look at a group of twenty-somethings in contemporary Paris. Ismael (Louis Garrel) has slipped into a comfortable menage a trois with his longtime girlfriend Julie (Ludivine Sagnier) and his co-worker Alice (Clotilde Hesme). After a sudden tragedy, these young people must deal not only with the reality of loss but also with the fear that love might never return. For Ismael, that process will lead him to Erwann (Gregoire Leprince-Ringuet), a college student whose affection and innocence might offer Ismael another kind of future. Buoyed by 13 songs composed by Alex Beaupain and ably performed by the cast, LOVE SONGS powerfully captures the welter of emotions through which these characters pass, creating a decidedly contemporary update to the film musicals Honore so clearly admires.
NR, France, 2008, 95 minutes.
In French with English subtitles
A film by Christophe Honore
Discover the IFC Center
The IFC Center, the ultimate entertainment space for New Yorkers seeking out the best in independent film, opened in June 2005 in the historic Waverly theater. After a four-year renovation, the new complex features:
- Three state-of-the-art cinemas with luxurious seating, and High-Def digital and 35mm projection
- New independent foreign, and documentary features
- Weekend Classics - every weekend at noon
- Waverly Midnights - cult movies every Friday and Saturday at midnight
- Short Attention Span Cinema - short films screening before every feature
- The Waverly at IFC Center - a Great Performances restaurant that serves lunch, dinner and snacks, and features a full bar
- Posteritati Gallery at IFC Center - exhibitions of vintage movie posters from around the globe
- and NO commercials on our screens
Independent Film Center
323 Sixth Avenue @ West 3rd. Street
BOX OFFICE: 212.924.7771
For More Info Please Visit: http://www.ifccenter.com/index
Most Popular Articles on CGNY