This Saturday, June 11 - The 11th Annual Vintage Police Car Show at the New York City Police MuseumJune 10, 2011 - by City Guide News Desk
On Saturday, June 11, 2011, from 10am to 4pm, the New York City Police Museum (100 Old Slip at Water & South Sts., 212-480-3100; www.nycpolicemuseum.org) hosts their largest annual event, the 11th Annual Vintage Police Car Show.
Visitors will have the unique opportunity to view a piece of New York City's history when the Police Museum displays classic patrol vehicles used by New York's Finest at its Annual Car Show. Also on display will be original and replica cars from famous crime-fighting television series. The show takes place right outside the historic Museum. Car owners will be on hand to show off their prize possessions and answer questions. This is a free event.
Become a Family Member of The New York City Police Museum!
There are lots of fun things for families to do at The Police Museum.
$80 Annual Membership includes:
- Unlimited admission for 2 adults and all children in the household under 18
- Free or discounted admission to other local museums, including the Fire Museum*
- Unlimited use of the Junior Officers Discovery Zone
- Free admission to family programs and events such as Jr. Detective Days, Halloween,
Family Day and more!
- Get 20% off museum store purchases on day of first visit; 10% discount thereafter.
Click Here to Join!
* Members of the NYCPM have free admission and a 10% discount in the gift shop* at the following museums:
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum*
The South Street Seaport Museum*
The New York City Fire Museum*
Museum of Jewish Heritage - A Living Memorial to the Holocaust*
Fraunces Tavern Museum*
The Battleship New Jersey Museum and Memorial*
The Lower East Side Tenement Museum
Snug Harbor Museum
Housed in the historic building that contained the 1st Precinct of the NYPD, the New York City Police Museum gives visitors an insider’s look at the history of the largest police force in the country. Exhibits include vehicles, weapons and uniforms, and an exhibit chronicling the tragic events of September 11th through testimonials and artifacts. Open Mon.-Sat., 10am-5pm & Sun., noon-5pm. 100 Old Slip at Water & South Sts., 212-480-3100; www.nycpolicemuseum.org.