Tropicana Delivers a November to Remember With Thrilling Shows, Events and GiveawaysNovember 8, 2010 - by CG News Desk
The excitement continues this November with a cornucopia of special offers, promotions and can’t-miss events at Tropicana Casino & Resort.
Get Jolly with the Sixth Annual Holiday Spectacular
Tropicana Casino & Resort will officially kick off the holiday season with a Tree Lighting on Thursday, November 11 at 1:30 p.m. in Fiesta Plaza in The Quarter. The Sixth Annual Holiday Spectacular will feature magical indoor snow and stunning holiday décor with the marvelous 25 foot tree in the center of it all. The holiday tree is the centerpiece of the free Holiday Musical Lightshow. This not-to-be-missed experience combines interactive lights with an inspiring array of beloved holiday musical selections from jazz to rock to international favorites. Spectators will be spellbound, as a rhythmic display of swirling, kaleidoscope patterns and glowing beams of light dance to the sounds of “Parade of the Wooden Soldiers,” “Joy to the World,” “Brazilian Sleigh Bells,” “Greensleeves” and “Nutcracker Suite” for a glittering five minutes and 12 seconds.
Santa Claus is Coming to Town
Are you ready to find out if you have been naughty or nice? Santa Claus will be joining Tropicana executive and cast members from Happy Holidays – A Magical Celebration at the Tree Lighting event on Thursday, November 11 at 1:30 p.m. in Fiesta Plaza in The Quarter. During the ceremony Tropicana will present a donation to A.R.M.S. – Project Little Solider. Additionally, guests will get to enjoy snacks from NYC’s legendary family-style restaurant Carmine’s, appetizers passed out by the Hooters girls and a free taco bar in A Dam Good Sports Bar.
Give Thanks at Tropicana
It’s the time for thanks and FIN at Tropicana is offering guests a special $35 per person menu to celebrate Thanksgiving on Thursday, November 25. The menu will feature Griggstown Farms roasted turkey with herb gravy, cornbread, chorizo and Cape May oyster stuffing, fresh Jersey cranberry sauce, buttermilk mashed potatoes, blue crab and white cheddar macaroni and cheese, a fall vegetable medley and pumpkin cheesecake. Fin will be open beginning at 5 p.m.
Third Annual Running of the Santas
The Third Annual Running of the Santas will take place on Saturday, December 11, 2010. The event has become one of Tropicana’s signature holiday events with hundreds of Santas gathering to celebrate the holidays, and take part in the traditional “Run” starting on the Boardwalk and ending in The Quarter. The 2011 schedule is as follows:
• 8 p.m. – 9 p.m.: Registration and specials at Hooters in The Marketplace at Tropicana
• 9 p.m. – 10 p.m.: specials at Firewaters in The Marketplace at Tropicana
• 10 p.m.: Run
• 10 p.m. – Midnight: The Quarter, specials at Planet Rose and A Dam Good Sports Bar
In addition to the drink and food specials, A Dam Good Sports Bar will host the Sexy Santa Contest featuring prizes for first, second and third place. Tickets for Running of the Santas are only $5 if purchased by October 31, $10 if purchased by November 30, $15 if purchased by December 10 and $20 on the day of the event. Tickets can be purchased through www.runningofthesantas.com.
Make Tropicana Your Holiday Shopping Destination
Checking off your holiday gift list is a joy when you stop at Tropicana and The Quarter. Get out of the winter weather and into the spirit of the season with special finds and exciting deals throughout the resort. And remember, with the Tropicana Gift Card your friends and family can have it all! The Tropicana Gift Card can be used for food and beverage, shopping, spa, overnight stays and entertainment throughout the Tropicana, including The Quarter. Tropicana Gift Cards can be purchased in any amount up to $500. Order online at www.tropicana.net or call Casino Services at 1-800-338-5553 for more information.
Celebrate the Season at Tropicana!
Grab your friends, family and co-workers for a holiday celebration at FIN an Il Verdi. Book your party by calling 609.340.4202 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Party Like It’s 2011
Do you know where you will be when the ball drops? Now is the time to make your plans and join the premier party scene at Tropicana Casino & Resort. For more New Years information visit www.tropicana.net/newyears2011.
• Ring in the New Year with Hoff, Longoria, Reichard & Spencer Live In Concert! Reuniting 4 Stars From The Original Broadway Cast of Jersey Boys!
For one night only -- Friday, December 31 -- you can enjoy a one-of-a-kind concert experience that celebrates the sound of the 1960s. This performance showcases the talents of four stars from the original cast of Broadway’s Jersey Boys: Tony Award winner Christian Hoff, Michael Longoria, Daniel Reichard and Tony Award-nominee J. Robert Spencer. These amazing artists will sing hits from The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Jackson Five, The Mamas and The Papas, the Four Seasons and more, all for you. Show tickets are available at Ticketmaster.com and the Tropicana Box Office or by calling 1-800-745-3000. They are available for $75, $65 and $45 or $115 for VIP seating.
• Endless Places to Party
If a modern-day pub crawl is more what you had in mind to toast the New Year, Tropicana is your chic, all-under-one-roof venue. With 20 distinctive places to party -- Rumba Lounge, Cuba Libre, Providence, Red Square, Firewaters, Tango’s Lounge, Rí Rá Irish Pub, Missile Bar, 32° Luxe Lounge, A Dam Good Sports Bar, The Comedy Stop Café & Cabaret, Planet Rose Karaoke Bar, The Bar at FIN and Hooters -- the excitement never has to end.
• Top of The Trop
The Top of the Trop will open for guests from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. with a live DJ, premium bar, hor d’oeuvres and a champagne toast at midnight for $70 plus taxes and gratuity per person. Reservations can be made in advance by calling 1.800.345.8767.
The Hottest Shows Happen Here
Looking for entertainment? You’ve found it. Claim your seat as Trop raises the curtain on the season’s most sought-after shows.
• Smokey Robinson, Tickets $35 - $65, Friday, November 5 at 9 p.m. & Saturday, November 6 at 9 p.m.
• Happy Holidays – A Magical Celebration, Opens November 8, Tickets $25 & $35
• Bret Michaels Custom Built Tour, Tickets $45 - $85, Friday, November 26 at 9 p.m.
• Lou Neglia’s Ring of Combat XXXIII Championship Mixed Martial Arts, Tickets $50 - $150, Friday, December 3 at 8:30 p.m.
• An Evening with Cyndi Lauper, Tickets $35 - $65, Friday, December 10 at 9 p.m.
• Christian Hoff, Michael Longoria, Daniel Reichard & J. Robert Spencer Live In Concert! Reuniting the 4 Stars From the Original Broadway Cast of Jersey Boys! - Tickets $45 - $115, Friday, December 31 at 10:30 p.m.
Rooftop Lounge Now Open!
Now when you see headliner entertainment at Tropicana’s Showroom stop by Rooftop Lounge before and after the show for drinks. Located on the 3rd Floor of the North Tower adjacent to The Showroom.
Rumba Lounge & Tango’s Lounge Entertainment
Take a break from the casino action to enjoy live entertainment just steps from all the action. Relax in Tango’s Lounge with live entertainment Sunday (2pm – 5:40pm), Thursday (7pm – 2:40am), Friday (7pm – 2:40am) and Saturday (3pm – 2:40am) with acts including: Beth Tinnon, Marc Antonelli, Rayna, Sherri Gold, Melissa Marshall, Angela Seeger, Double Play and Arielle. Plus, on Tuesday and Wednesday from 10pm to 1:40am enjoy Beth Tinnon, Rayna and Sherri Gold as they entertain audiences live in Rumba Lounge.
Maximize Your Fun at IMAX Theater
• With Daylight Savings Time, we all gain an hour this November. Why not spend it watching Wild Ocean 3D – now playing daily through November 30
• In celebration of Daylight Savings Time, IMAX is offering “fall back pricing.” Save $3 off the price of a ticket (regularly $15, now just $12) to see Legend of the Guardians 3D– November 1 – 18
• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 opening on November 19, a special midnight screening will take place on November 18, 19 and 20. Tickets for Harry Potter go on sale October 29 at noon, advanced tickets are recommended. Tickets are priced at $15 each.
• Tickets are available at the Tropicana Box Office, Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000 or www.ticketmaster.com.
Food For Thought
Bring your appetite – the dining destinations of Tropicana have just what you crave.
Rí-Rá Irish Pub
Experience the real flavor of Ireland with an exciting lineup of tempting specials this November. It’s oyster time again at Rí-Rá. Enjoy them cold on the half-shell for $11.95 or baked your way for $13.95. Warm up your winter with Steak Pie, baked in a flaky, golden crust and served with a Caesar or garden salad for just $12.95.
Satisfy your sweet tooth at Mrs. Fields Cookies
Throughout November guests can receive 20 percent off their order at Mrs. Fields Cookies from 6 a.m. to noon.
Get Happy at PF Chang’s
When your work day is through, join the fun crowd for Happy Hour from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. everyday for food and drink specials in the bar and dining room.
Indulge in seafood sensations with Carmine’s Clambake
Carmine’s, a New York City institution, will be offering an Italian Clambake on Monday and Tuesday evenings this November. This magnificent meal includes two lobsters, six baked clams, a dozen mussels, roasted potatoes, polenta, vegetables and a choice of mixed green salad or Caesar salad. If you prefer, substitute a bowl of pasta marinara for the salad. It’s enough food to feed 2-3 people all for just $55.
It’s Lucky 7’s at Red Square
Join us for $7 bar appetizers, well drinks, wine by the glass and beer every day between noon and 7 p.m. Bar menu includes Siberian savouries such as: Soviet Sliders with black Angus beef & Russian dressing on brioche roll, Tomato Beet Bruschetta on truffle toast, Ruskie Wings with Stalin hot sauce & creamy bleu cheese dressing or Commie Skins with sharp cheddar, applewood smoked bacon & sour cream.
Dive into the fun at The Bar at FIN
The Bar at FIN offers seven types of sushi and six types of maki rolls including ahi tuna, Scottish salmon, yellowtail hamachi, Pacific white shrimp, California king crab, spicy tuna, spicy blue crab, eel and cucumber ranging in price from $2.50 to $6 during Wasabi Wednesdays. There are also three specialty rolls available starting at $6.00, such as the Green Dragon made with blue crab and cucumber topped with avocado.
• Wasabi Wednesday at The Bar at FIN - Sushi and sake lovers rejoice! From 5-7pm every Wednesday, The Bar at FIN will offer half-price sushi rolls, sake and saketini drinks. Diners can choose from a variety of sake options with Wasabi Wednesday pricing starting at $4 and saketinis specially priced at $6.25 including the Orange Pearl Martini made with Stoli Citros Vodka, Sake and a splash of Grand Marnier.
• In at FIN – In card members can now enjoy specials at The Bar at FIN every Thursday from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
• FIN Fridays - All appetizers and New Jersey wines by the glass are half price from 5 p.m. – 7p.m.
• R&R Sundays at The Bar at FIN - It’s a little R&R for seafood lovers! Unwind before the week at The Bar at FIN during R&R Sundays, every Sunday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. R&R Sundays will feature half-priced Rosé Wines and half-price at the Raw Bar.
Thursday Nights are Ladies Nights at Tropicana
Sorry fellas, these specials are just for the girls!
• Sample a "Carmine's Cosmo" for $6 at Carmine’s
• Visit Planet Rose for $5 mixed drinks until 11 p.m. and $5 dollar Absolute flavored drinks for the rest of the night
• Ladies will enjoy a 20% discount on all purchases from 7 p.m. to midnight at Mrs. Fields Cookies
• The Comedy Stop has 2 tickets for $30 for ladies every Thursday night. Offer good at the Comedy Stop Box Office. Minimum one drink purchase required. Must be purchased day of show, cash purchase, 18 years and older. Must be two women to take advantage of this offer.
• Sample Trop’s signature “Luck be a Lady” cocktail for $8.50: equal parts of Brinley’s Gold Vanilla and Coconut rums shaken with cream and topped with a cherry. Served up or with lots of ice at Tango’s, Rumba and The Bar at FIN.
There’s no better way to kick off your weekend!
• Carmine’s – This is your go-to destination for $6 Frozen Mango Margaritas and $7 Peach Bellini cocktails.
• Mrs. Fields - Catch the Brownie Blowout Sale from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. where you can buy two brownies and get one free
• PF Chang’s -- Enjoy a four-course meal for two for $39.95! Choose from a variety of soups, appetizers, entrees and desserts to create the perfect meal for two.
• A Dam Good Sports Bar – Get your party started with a 40 ounce bottle of beer for $5, an order of three meat tacos for $5 or a bottle of Barefoot wine for just $9.
• Cuba Libre – Enjoy half priced rum mojitos and Miller Lite bottles from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m.
• Corky’s Ribs & BBQ– Celebrate and save with $6 brushetta, $6 shrimp cocktail and $5 Ciroc drinks.
• Firewaters – Quench your thirst with $5 Long Island Iced Teas and $5 Captain drinks.
• Missile Bar – Enjoy half-priced V2, R2 AND T2 energy cocktails and Miller Lite bottles from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m.
• Planet Rose – Indulge with $5 drink specials including Bacardi Limon drinks, Absolute flavors drinks and Three Olive cocktails.
• Rí-Rá Irish Pub – Party with live music featuring Top 40 cover bands and no cover charge on Fridays for ladies
• Tango’s – Try the Tango Fandango cocktail – Captain Morgan Spiced Run blended with orange and pineapple juices, served on the rocks with a pineapple wedge for $12.50 plus tax.
• 32° Luxe Lounge – Stop by for half priced Ketel One cocktails and Miller Lite Bottles until 1 a.m. 32° will be playing all your favorite party tracks all night long.
Get Connected to Cash with the $10,000 E-mail Sweepstakes
Give Tropicana your e-mail and be entered into the $10,000 EZ Slot Dollar Sweepstakes. Guests can enter their E-mail at any comp machines on the casino floor. The monthly drawing for October entrants will be held on November 5, and winners will be notified through E-mail. The next $10,000 E-mail Sweepstakes drawing will be held on December 5, 2010 for those who enter their e-mail from November 1 through November 31.
Win Some Green at the $100,000 Holiday Sweepstakes
It’s time to make the season merrier with Tropicana’s $100,000 Holiday Cash Sweepstakes. Diamond Club members can earn one entry for every 10 points they earn playing their favorite slots now through December 4. The drawing will be held on Sunday, December 5 at Palm Walk on the Casino Floor. A $50,000 grand prize will be awarded at 6 p.m. and additional drawings at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. For additional details visit the Diamond Club Center.
Slot Bells Ring with EZ Holiday Dollars
Diamond Club members can start making their holiday wish list with Tropicana’s EZ Holiday Dollars. By playing slots and tables, Diamond Club members can earn up to $2,000 in EZ Holiday Dollars now through November 28. EZ Holiday Dollars can be redeemed at an EZ Slot Dollar-enabled slot machine or at more than 60 retail, dining and entertainment venues in The Quarter. EZ Holiday Dollars can be redeemed December 1 – 24, 2010. Plus, members who accumulate 7,000 points during the earning period will receive a $500 bonus!
Stay in Touch!
Fans, friends, followers and the like can stay in touch with the latest Tropicana events, entertainment and more through the web, email and your smart phone. Tropicana can now be found on Facebook (www.tropicana.net/facebook), twitter (www.tropicana.net/twitter), foursquare (www.tropicana.net/foursquare), iPhone (www.tropicana.net/itrop), You Tube (www.tropicana.net/youtube), through email by providing us with your email at www.tropicana.net, or through texting (text OFFER to 609.705.TROP). Check out Tropicana’s free application at the App store available for the iPhone and iTouch.
Trop Loves Locals
Trop wants to offer a special thanks to locals to show just how much we appreciate your support! Trop Loves Locals promotions feature special offers for residents of Atlantic and Cape May Counties. To participate in any of these Tropicana Loves Locals offers, simply show your ID with a local Atlantic or Cape May county address, along with a Diamond Club Card at the designated outlet. Visit www.tropicana.net/locals for details and offers or text LOCALS to 609.705.TROP for up to date events and information.
• The Comedy Stop offers a special locals discount for their 9 p.m. show every Friday that includes two show tickets and a free bag of popcorn. ID must be shown at time of ticket purchase.
• Locals can receive 10% off all dining and beverages at Il Verdi, FIN – A Seafood Experience, Golden Dynasty, Seaside Café, Fiesta Buffet, The Bar at FIN, Tango’s Lounge and Rumba Lounge seven days a week
• Locals are invited to save 10% off standard retail banquet prices
• Locals save $2 off IMAX movies Monday through Thursday (limited to six tickets and not available during the first two weeks of a movie)
• 15% off standard room rates
• Now locals who sign up for a Diamond Club Card can receive $25 EZ Slot Dollars!
• This November, PF Chang’s will offer locals complimentary lettuce wraps with the purchase of any entrée. One offer per table.
• Zeypher Gallery is offering special discounts on all items and reimbursed parking fee on purchases of $100.
• This November, locals can enjoy 15% off all purchases at A Time for Wine
• Locals are invited to save 10% off purchases at Rockaway Baby this November with ID.
• This November, locals can enjoy 10% off all dining and beverages at Planet Rose
• Cuba Libre offers locals a complimentary glass of sangria per person, or a small pitcher of sangria per table, with every entrée ordered
• Show your local ID at Red Square and receive a free appetizer with each entrée purchased (Sunday – Friday)
• Locals will save 10% off all purchases at Mrs. Fields this November.
• Visit 32° Luxe Lounge on Sunday for SMOOTH Industry Night, include music by DJ B Easy, half-priced cocktails and Miller Lite bottles until 1 a.m., and $150 select bottle service specials all night.
• Get 15 % off or a free gift with a purchase of $25 or more at Trick Zone
Why Rush Home?
Stay the night and extend your fun with these great hotel packages. Midweek room rates start as low at 59.99! Packages can be booked by calling 1.800.345.8767.
• Holiday Package - $82 - This overnight hotel package will make your holidays merry and bright with:One Night Standard Room Accommodations; 2 Happy Holidays Show Tickets; 2 Coffees and 2 Pastries at Starbucks - excluding tax; 1:00 pm Late Check-out; Valid for one night, November 8 – December 16, 2010
• Cyndi Lauper Package - $175 - Let your “True Colors” show with this hotel package that includes: One Night Standard Room Accommodations, 2 Cyndi Lauper show tickets – balcony seating; 2 drinks at Rumba or Tango’s Lounge - excluding tax; Valid for one night, December 10, 2010
• Dinner at The Palm Package - $140 - All of your favorite things, all in one place. This package includes: One Night Standard Room Accommodations; Lobster dinner for two at The Palm – excluding tax and gratuity; 2 p.m. late check-out. Valid for one night, Sunday – Thursday, November 2010 – January 2011. Guests must call The Palm at 609-344-7256 to make dinner reservations.
• Dinner at Cuba Libre Package - $126 - Heat up your winter with a package that includes: One Night Standard Room Accommodations; “Fifteen Tastes of Cuba” dinner for two – excluding tax and gratuity; A bottle of wine or pitcher of Sangria; 2 p.m. late check-out. Valid for one night, Sunday – Thursday, November 2010 – January 2011. Guests must call Cuba Libre 609-348-6700 to make dinner reservations.
• Jersey Shore Package for Four
The “Jersey Shore Package” for four features overnight accommodations; one dinner at Il Verdi, the resort’s gourmet Italian restaurant; and breakfast at Seaside Café. Also included is a gift certificate to the Tropicana Salon, good for a “Jersey Shore Do” - for girls, guidette poufs with bumpits and for guys a guido “blow-out” ala Pauly D. A room service basket stocked with Italian delights, including Prosciutto, Soppresata, Bread Sticks, Roasted Red Peppers, Artichoke Hearts, Biscotti, assorted candy, nougat, Fontinella cheeses, grapes, and sliced Italian bread, prepares guests to “fist pump” the night away with VIP admission to Providence nightclub and complimentary IN Cards which give access to nightclubs, food and beverage and parking discounts and more. Package prices start at $957 per night. Guests who want the “VIG" (Very Important Guido) Jersey Shore experience can book the actual suite where cast members stayed by purchasing the Deluxe package starting at $4,250 per night for Thursday through Saturday night, priced for four people. Both packages are offered based on availability through January, 2011, certain date restrictions may apply. Mention Code TJersey when booking.
• The Jersey Shore Bachelor/Bachelorette Party Package for Four
The Trop’s Jersey Shore Bachelor/Bachelorette Party Package includes: one night accommodation in a classic guestroom, a sweet indulgence amenity from room service, choice of in-room movie (certain restrictions apply), Seaside Café credit for four people, room service breakfast to cure any residual effects of a late night out and complimentary IN Card which gives access to nightclubs and specials at participating venues. Package prices start at $388 for Sunday - Thursday, $478 for Friday and $592 Saturday, based on four people and availability. A spacious hospitality suite, featuring a dining area, living room, large screen TV’s, wet bar and breathtaking views of the city, are available to host a private party and can also be booked. Mention the code TBACH10.
* All hotel packages are based on double occupancy and availability. Subject to change. Rates do not include taxes, gratuities or occupancy fees. Packages and shows are based on availability. No substitutions allowed within the packages.
Certain restrictions may apply. Must be 21. Bet with your head, not over it.
Call 1.800.GAMBLER. EZ Slot Dollars have no cash value.
Tropicana Casino & Resort is a 24-hour gaming destination located on the beach and Boardwalk. Featuring more than 2,100 rooms and suites and home of The Quarter, a 200,000 square foot entertainment complex, Tropicana is the premier resort in Atlantic City. With more than 20 restaurants, 25 shops, 14 bars and lounges, 2 pools, an IMAX Theatre and a spa, Tropicana is consistently rated as the “Must-See Attraction” in Atlantic City. For more information, visit the official Web site at www.tropicana.net.
For more exclusive discounts, current information, pictures and video, be sure to check out the Tropicana on the Web at www.facebook.com/TropAC or follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/TropicanaAC.
About Tropicana Entertainment
Tropicana Entertainment Inc. is a publicly reporting company that, along with its affiliates, owns or operates nine casinos and resorts in Indiana, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada and New Jersey. It owns approximately 6,000 rooms, 9,000 slot positions and 250 table games. The company is based in Las Vegas, Nevada.