Lincoln Center Out of Doors at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
This event has already taken place. Click here for the latest events.
The 44th season of one of the country’s longest-running, free summer outdoor festivals, featuring 100 free performances that take place across the plazas of Lincoln Center. A special Memorial Concert for Pete and Toshi Seeger on July 20 will be followed by the official opening concert on July 23 with Larry Harlow’s Hommy: A Latin Opera, the landmark work’s first performance in 40 years.
See the full schedule of events and purchase tickets here.
Other highlights include:
- U.S. Debut of A Batalha do Passinho, pioneering Brazilian baile funk/street dance, presented in collaboration with Brasil Summerfest
- eighth blackbird with N.Y. Premieres by Bryce Dessner and Andy Akiho
- Concerts by Roberta Flack, Stew & the Negro Problem, Amel Larrieux, and Avery*Sunshine
- N.Y. Premieres by Rennie Harris Puremovement, Ragamala Dance with Rudresh Mahanthappa, and Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers; performances by Pam Tanowitz Dance, Camille A. Brown & Dancers
- La Casita: music and spoken word performances dedicated to Amiri Baraka
- Tribute to Pete "El Conde" Rodriguez co-presented with the Caribbean Cultural Center African Diaspora Institute, celebrating Fania Records’ 50th anniversary
- 20th anniversary salute to Music Maker Relief Foundation with Dom Flemons (co-founder of Carolina Chocolate Drops), Beverly “Guitar” Watkins and Ironing Board Sam
Venue Description: The world's leading performing arts center and home to the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, the Film Society of Lincoln Center, Jazz at Lincoln Center, the Juilliard School, Lincoln Center Theater, the Metropolitan Opera, New York City Ballet, New York City Opera, New York Philharmonic, the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts, and the School of American Ballet.