AKC Meet the Breeds®
Tickets are on sale NOW for New York City’s AKC Meet the Breeds®, arriving at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center Saturday, January 28th, and Sunday, January 29th, 2023. The American Kennel Club® (AKC) brings this two-day educational event to NYC to give attendees the unique opportunity to meet and play with a variety of different dog breeds while learning about responsible pet ownership and how to find the best breed(s) for their lifestyle straight from the experts. From Affenpinschers to Yorkshire Terriers, this canine extravaganza is fun for the whole family.
· Meet and Play with tons of different dog breeds in booths that depict each breed's country of origin, historical purpose/function
· Discover new breeds and talk to breed experts to determine what dog will work for their lifestyle
· Learn about responsible pet ownership
· See fun and entertaining demonstrations of dog sports and working dogs exhibiting their skills
· Engage in unique activities such as testing your agility skills in our interactive fun zone. Attendees can also participate in games and photo opportunities with the whole family.
The event is open to the general public and is perfect for the whole family. Admission is $10 for children and $35 for adults. There is also upgraded VIP admission available. Tickets are on sale now!
“We are so excited to bring this event back to NYC,” said AKC Executive Secretary Gina DiNardo. “New York is our home base, and we’re thrilled to bring this unique event to where they can see their favorite breeds and learn about new ones.”
Not only can you meet and play with lots of different dog breeds, but there will also be exciting demonstrations that highlight the athleticism and work ethic of dogs, including:
· Agility – Watch these super-talented dogs navigate an obstacle course of jumps, weaves & tunnels.
· Obedience – See the precision work of competition obedience dogs as they heel, retrieve, and demonstrate how dogs can advance from the basics to upper-level skills.
· Disc Dog – Enjoy this fast-paced, fun sport that takes the game of fetch to a whole new level.
· Rally – Check out this exciting sport that is equal parts skill and thrill as dogs and their owners navigate a course of obedience tasks.
· Scent Work – The nose knows! See dogs use their natural abilities to locate a scent and communicate to their handler that it has been found.
For more information visit the website here.
Use code: BELLYRUBS for 20% off!
About the American Kennel Club
Founded in 1884, the American Kennel Club is a not-for-profit organization, which maintains the largest registry of purebred dogs in the world and oversees the sport of purebred dogs in the United States. The AKC is dedicated to upholding the integrity of its registry, promoting the sport of purebred dogs and breeding for type and function. Along with its more than 5,000 licensed and member clubs and its affiliated organizations, the AKC advocates for the purebred dog as a family companion, advances canine health and well-being, works to protect the rights of all dog owners and promotes responsible dog ownership. More than 22,000 competitions for AKC-registered purebred and mixed breed dogs are held under AKC rules and regulations each year including conformation, agility, obedience, rally, tracking, herding, lure coursing, coonhound events, hunt tests, field and earthdog tests. Affiliate AKC organizations include the AKC Humane Fund, AKC Canine Health Foundation, AKC Reunite and the AKC Museum of the Dog. AKC Clubs comprise America’s largest rescue network. For more information, visit www.akc.org.Venue: Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
429 11th Ave. Map
What do you think?
Ursula Bevan + Jean Rim: Pepper the Penguin at Strand Book Store
Join us for an in-person event with storyteller, Ursula Bevan, for a discussion of her new children’s book, "Pepper the Penguin." Joining Ursula in conversation is illustrator, Jean Rim. This event wi...
Watson Adventures’ Secrets of Grand Central Scavenger Hunt at Grand Central Terminal
Discover hidden history, cool places, little-known passageways, and surprising sights in the amazing landmark terminal in this unique scavenger hunt. You'll search for mysterious markings in the const...
Create Your Own Tiered Serving Tray at Bayside Historical Society
By popular demand, expert crafters Denise Rizzuto and Lisa Wilson return to the Bayside Historical Society Castle for another home decor crafting workshop! Denise and Lisa will be providing hands-on i...