Celebrate National Beer Day Saturday, April 7th at Grand Central TerminalMarch 23, 2018 - by City Guide News Desk
New Yorkers don’t need much excuse to knock back a brew or two, but on Saturday, April 7th, 2018, Grand Central Terminal will be celebrating National Beer Day all through the station. The shops and restaurants of GCT will be full of special offers, from discount growlers to free tastings to happy hour deals. From 6pm to 8pm, you can sip along to the jazz and soul sounds of Bellatonic, which will be performing a free live concert next to Track 101 downstairs as part of the Dining Concourse in Concert series. Read on for more highlights of Grand Central Terminal’s 2016 National Beer Day celebration.
- Beer Table To Go is offering 20 percent off all draught beer available for takeaway in reusable growlers or capped mason jars from Friday, April 6 to Sunday, April 8.
- Café Spice is celebrating with a samosa and beer special – two potato samosas with any choice of beer for $5.99.
- Central Market New York: All draft beers (10 oz) are $3 all day while supplies last.
- Grand Central Oyster Bar & Restaurant is celebrating with a special National Beer Day oyster “six pack”: six Bluepoint Oysters paired with a Bluepoint Toasted Lager for $20.10 all day.
- THE BAR at Great Northern Food Hall is offering special pricing on beers all day – all 12 oz cans will be $5 and all pints will be $7.
- Michael Jordan’s The Steakhouse N.Y.C. honors National Beer Day with complimentary tastings of award-winning craft beers from Devil’s Backbone Brewing Company. A Devil’s Backbone ambassador will be on hand to discuss the flavor profiles and answer customer questions. Tastings will feature complimentary hot pretzels and all beers will be available for purchase at the bar for $6.
For local brews in the neighborhood, explore the offerings at Lillie’s Victorian Establishment. This retro destination offers a craft beer flight that invites guests to sample four beers including special releases from Firestone Walker, Ithaca, Cigar City Green Flash, and Grimm Breweries. These special releases are in addition to the 35 other beers on draft, which include four New York local beers: Bronx Golden Ale; Captain Lawrence Orbital Tilt; Brooklyn Lager; and GreenPort Harbor Porter. There’s also a location in Union Square. 249 W. 49th St., 212-957-4530, lilliesnyc.com