Inside Scoop: ExperienceFirst (EXP1)
Voted the “#1 Cultural Experience Globally” by Tripadvisor, ExperienceFirst (EXP1) is one of the largest walking and experience tour companies in the U.S., providing memorable visits to a range of iconic New York destinations.
EXP1 experiences are based on three key pillars, catering to those who want to visit NYC's biggest attractions, those who want to explore the diversity of different neighborhoods, and those who want to experience the highlights of New York in one whirlwind day.
Each EXP1 guided tour includes a knowledgeable, engaging, and dynamic guide—not simply an escort, but a storyteller eager to share history, knowledge, and passion. EXP1 guides are carefully trained and always put customer service front and center.
A variety of tours and experiences are offered seven days per week, with departures between 8:30pm and 4pm. Depending on the tour, experiences can range from 1 to 6 hours long. Tours are suited to all ages and travelers.
ExperienceFirst (EXP1) Rates
Attraction Tours, which include guided experiences and admission to world class destinations such as the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, range from $47 to $57 for adults, $39 to $49 for kids ages 4-12 years old, and free for kids less than 3 years old. Neighborhood Tours are $35 for adults, $30 for kids ages 4-12 years old, and free for kids less than 3 years old. Full One Day Tours, which include a combination of guided tours by foot, subway, double decker bus, or boat, range in price from $74 to $79 for adults, $64 to $69 for kids and free for kids less than 3 years old.
ExperienceFirst (EXP1) Sample Tours
- Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Tour – Travelers are invited to take a guided experience of the symbol of freedom and the gateway for immigrants at the turn of the 20th century that includes access to the pedestal inside the Statue of Liberty, the new Statue of Liberty Museum and the grounds of both islands.
- Lower Manhattan Tour – A guided and self-guided experience to three top lower Manhattan attractions including the 9/11 Memorial, Wall Street and the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island.
- Staten Island Tour - Visitors looking to experience New York City’s unexpected borough can book a personalized walking tour experience to visit Staten Island’s North Shore, including the city’s first outlet destination Empire Outlets, Snug Harbor, St. George and more.
- Soho, Little Italy, Chinatown Tour – This two-hour daily tour showcases why New York City is often referred to as the melting pot, with a tour of three distinctive neighborhoods that feels like visitors are traveling around the world.
- High Line and Chelsea Tour – Explore the scenic, green oasis of the High Line that was once a key industrial artery of New York that soars above the city streets below while learning the history of the Meatpacking District and Chelsea.
- One Day New York City Tour – A walking, ferry and subway experience providing a taste of the city’s top attractions including Rockefeller Center, Times Square, the 9/11 Memorial, One World Observatory (upgrade), iconic views of the NYC Skyline, Staten Island’s North Shore and much more.